How to know the host problem id and service problem id in XI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: How to know the host problem id and service problem id i

Post by scottwilkerson »

I understand your example, and you could enter $HOSTPROBLEMID$ and $SERVICEPROBLEMID$ to the commands, but these macros do not contain a list of all problems, just the current problem state. Here's the documentation:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tproblemid

There is no macro that is available that holds the historical values for all checks of each host/service, which is why I directed you to the State History report because it does contain this information.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that $problem ID or $Service problem ID will take from status.dat which is having temporary status right ? Correct me if am wrong.

In status.dat $problem Id means last_problem Id or Current problem_Id we have two problem ID what is exact one in both of them which is equal to $Problem_ID.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

in the status.dat
current_problem_id == $HOSTPROBLEMID$ or $SERVICEPROBLEMID$ depending on the type of object

last_problem_id == $LASTHOSTPROBLEMID$ or $LASTSERVICEPROBLEMID$ depending on the type of object
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com