SOUND ALERT

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ushahab88

SOUND ALERT

Post by ushahab88 »

Hi Dear,
Can we enable sound alram on pc for nagios xi alerts. kindly assist.
tmcdonald

Re: SOUND ALERT

Post by tmcdonald »

We do not have an option built-in for audio alerts from the browser in XI. There was a document made for using a Raspberry Pi for audio however - https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf
Former Nagios employee
ushahab88

Post by ushahab88 »

Dear @tmcdonald,

As I understand from the article it requires a Pi desktop. currently, I don't have any Pi desktop I need to configure it on some Linux machine, can you guide me, do I have to perform all the same steps on any Linux machine.
jomann
Development Lead

Post by jomann »

The system can be any system as long as you have speakers plugged in and can install flite (should be available for most linux distros) which is the binary that makes the actual sounds. So you should be able to configure it any way you want.

Typically, people want to have a sound somewhere that is not their XI server, and the Pi just allows people to do that without spending a lot of money on an extra server to hook up in another room.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.