Query

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Dharan

Query

Post by Dharan »

Hello All,

Hello All,

I downloaded the latest tar file from http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... est.tar.gz, copied it to the Nagios base server using winscp and tried to install using ./fullinstall , but, I get an installation error that says ERROR: Subcomponent 'ndoutils' installation failed - exiting.
Subcomponents installation failed – exiting.

Please assist.

Dharan
tmcdonald

Re: Query

Post by tmcdonald »

What OS and version are you installing this on? Is it a clean, minimal install that has not been modified? Is there a GUI/desktop present?

If you have the full install.log from the installation directory that would be beneficial to share.
Former Nagios employee
Dharan

Post by Dharan »

Please find the attachment of the install.log
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dharan

Post by Dharan »

OS is CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core). It is a clean install, it is just added to the space walk server to get all the packages
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

Is this machine behind a proxy for it's internet access? I notice a whole lot of 401s when yum is requesting mirrors.

There are some steps to take when installing Nagios XI behind a proxy:
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=147

You may also need to yum install systemd-devel.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@Dharan, Let us know if mcapra's article helped you solve this problem.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Dharan

Post by Dharan »

Hello,

The proxy settings are transparent, the servers are blocked by the firewall from getting to the internet even if authenticated through the appliance.

Please let me know if there is a way to install Nagios XI without being able to access the internet or having the proxy settings?

I can ping 8.8.8.8 though

Dharan
Dharan

Post by Dharan »

Hello All,

The centos server on which I'm trying to install Nagios now has access to the internet, I'm able to wget the latest tar file, but, when I run the full install script I get an installationo error . Please find the attachment of the latest install.log and please review and let me know your findings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Most probably, you are missing some packages as your system didn't have Internet access, which caused compiling ndo utils to fail. Try running:

Code: Select all

yum install systemd-devel -y
then rerun the "fullinstall" script.

BTW, I've never seen a CentOS machine, receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite... (from the install.log). Are we troubleshooting XI install on CentOS 7.4? I am a bit confused.
DISTRO INFO:
CentOS
x86_64
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
Loading support for Red Hat kernel ABI
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Dharan

Post by Dharan »

Hello All,

Thank you for all the replies, I re-built the base centos machine, got it access to the internet and was able to successfully install Nagios the second time. Thank you again