Adding new service to existing cisco device

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
tatsulok43

Adding new service to existing cisco device

Post by tatsulok43 »

Hello,

I am struggling to add a new service to an existing Cisco ASA without adding a new host.

Currently I have a Cisco ASA in my office and it is already added to NagiosXI and being monitored.

Recently we installed a new internet line which is connected to the ASA port 7.

What I would like to do is just to add Port 7 as a new service of the ASA so we can monitor the port 7.
But I do not know how to do this without adding a new host. (Currently I delete the all services and the host and re-add them via configuration wizard so I can choose whichever ports I need to add)
kyang

Re: Adding new service to existing cisco device

Post by kyang »

Hello,

You could rerun the wizard against your Cisco ASA (Make sure you enter the same Host name as it currently has)

View our documentation and search for "Running A Wizard For An Already Monitored Server" --> That should explain that the services you already have will not be replaced and you have existing ones already. (I would uncheck the ports you already have, and add in port 7 only.)
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf
tacolover101

Post by tacolover101 »

the wizard should work as @kyang mentioned.

another option is cloning an existing port from your configure -> core config manager -> services -> (find interface 5 for example)

substitute your variables properly, save, and apply config.
kyang

Post by kyang »

Thanks @tacolover101!

OP, let us know if you have any more questions!