Dependent Services that I cannot delete

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
AArnold4GPS

Dependent Services that I cannot delete

Post by AArnold4GPS »

I have an unresolved matter from ticket #2017092710000081. I originally worked with Trevor McDonald. We were working on a problem where I couldn’t apply changes to a configuration file. I updated my software, and still no joy.

Do I need to re-open this ticket, or create a new one? My ultimate goal is to remove dependencies upon a server that has been deleted. I’ve tried several ways to delete the services, etc., that were depending on the server, but it will not let me apply those changes.

Is there a way for me to send my configuration database to Nagios, so you can delete these dependencies in the configuration database itself? I’d hate to lose all the configuration that I have for all my other servers/services/etc.

Thank You,
Adam Arnold
GovPayNet
tmcdonald

Re: Dependent Services that I cannot delete

Post by tmcdonald »

We've since changed ticketing systems and have decommissioned the old one, so replying to that original ticket will not work. The new portal is here: https://support.nagios.com/tickets/

You use your forum credentials to log in. Due to the time that has passed since the original ticket, and the changing of our systems, opening a new ticket is required. Please make sure to include the old ticket number for reference, but otherwise treat it as a new issue since so much has changed.
Former Nagios employee