Error when installing Nagios XI on Ubuntu 16.04

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
scizzy

Error when installing Nagios XI on Ubuntu 16.04

Post by scizzy »

I recently set up my computer for dual booting Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 16.04. After installing Ubuntu, I installed git, apache2, and php before following the instructions listed on: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... 1529436744 in order to install Nagios XI. The installation goes for a while until it runs ./B-installxi at which point it fails and I get: "Error 1067 (42000) at line 25: Invalid default value for 'event_time'" which is apparently a MySQL error code. I have tried removing the nagios files and running the install again, removing the MySQL files then manually reinstalling MySQL and running the install again but nothing has worked. Does anyone have an idea of what went wrong and how I can fix it?

Sorry for any bad formatting or improper usage of the forum, this is my first time on here and I have limited experience working with this software.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Error when installing Nagios XI on Ubuntu 16.04

Post by scottwilkerson »

Ubuntu 16.04 isn't currently supported.

On page 1 of the document you linked:
Platform Support
As of the time of writing, Nagios Enterprises is only able to officially provide support for installing Nagios XI on
the following Linux Distributions:
RHEL 6.x 32-bit and 64-bit,
RHEL 7.x

CentOS 6.x 32-bit and 64-bit,
CentOS 7.x
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com