Hosts become disabled after Applying Configuration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ahoward12

Hosts become disabled after Applying Configuration

Post by ahoward12 »

Hey Gents, I have the weirdest problem I have every come across.

I have 42 hosts or so that notifications become disabled every time I apply a configuration whether there is a change or not. I'll explain further below:

Step 1) I have 42 hosts in a Hostgroup all saying they are up but notifications are disabled.
Nagios XI 1.png
Step 2) I use the hostgroup commands to "Enable all notifications for all hosts in this hostgroup"

Step 3) Refresh hostgroup page and verify that notifications are enabled. Verified they are now enabled.

At this point there have been no configuration changes however if I open CCM and Apply Configuration all of the notifications are now disabled again. Just from clicking the Apply Configuration, whether there are changes or not.

Profile is attached as well. Any ideas?

As always thanks guys!

Nagios XI 5.5.1
CentOS 6.8
VMware 6.5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Hosts become disabled after Applying Configuration

Post by npolovenko »

@ahoward12, Looks like all these hosts have notifications disabled in their configs.
Go to the Core Configurations Manager, then click on Bulk Modification Tool, click on Change a single config option menu.
Select Notifications enabled -> on, select all hosts at once and apply the configuration.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
ahoward12

Post by ahoward12 »

Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing, and had no idea that could be written in the config at all. Thank you. This can be closed.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@ahoward12, Glad I could help! Closing the thread.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.