Threshold Warning and Critical - Wrong Information

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
rpatricio

Threshold Warning and Critical - Wrong Information

Post by rpatricio »

Hi Guys,

I have a service set up to warn me critical when reach 95% and warning 85%. But sometimes when the service reach 57% I already receive a critical message. This may be a Nagios bug?

The service is a Check_Oracle_DOCPE_Tablespace DOCPE_IDX
bolson

Re: Threshold Warning and Critical - Wrong Information

Post by bolson »

Hello rpatricio,

So that we may be better equipped to diagnose your issue, please include the command definition (plugin) along with the argument list. And if possible, run the command in a terminal and post the results. Thank you.
rpatricio

Post by rpatricio »

Capturar.PNG
check_tablespace_everis.sh
Hi Bolson,

follow the output on command line and script attached.

[root@SPE001001-450 libexec]# ./check_tablespace_everis.sh DOCPE MAPESPVE caracas DOCPE_IDX 85 89 600
OK - tbs DOCPE_IDX usage is 58.05% |tbsDOCPE_IDX_usage_pct=58.05%;90;98 tbsDOCPE_IDX_usage=17832MB;27648;30105;0;30720 tbsDOCPE_IDX_alloc=30720MB;;;0;3072
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bolson

Post by bolson »

Hello rpatricio,

Run the plugin again from the command line and immediately thereafter, type $? and press enter and tell me what the output is. If the output is 2, then the code in the plugin is flawed and is returning an incorrect exit code.