check_snmp permission denied

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ANabil

check_snmp permission denied

Post by ANabil »

Hello all,

i have eloborated a script on A Xmachine, this script access many folder to list files insides it and get their création dates with a "ls" command.

then i put this script in snmpd.conf and generated an OID.

From centreon side ( on B machine ), i added the OID and configure the interface for alerting.

The problem is when i try the command below from centreon machine to test if the script is working remotly and can get result, i have permission denied error :

[XXXXX@central-Centreon-vm ~]$ /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_snmp -H xxx.xxx.xxx.xx -C All -P 2c -o .OID -w 1 -c 2

but when i try the script directly on the host machine ( managed device), the script does not show any permission issues.

Could you help me please.

Thank you in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: check_snmp permission denied

Post by scottwilkerson »

ANabil wrote:From centreon side ( on B machine ), i added the OID and configure the interface for alerting.
Sorry, this is a Nagios forum, we cannot provide support for centreon

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: check_snmp permission denied

Post by cdienger »

The error didn't make it through - can you send it again as well as a copy of your snmpd.conf ?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.