Need help for Nagios Integration with symphony

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vinish098

Need help for Nagios Integration with symphony

Post by vinish098 »

Step-1
We are trying to integrate Nagios XI with symphony ticketing tool but there is no any API available for the same.
Step-2
Please suggest the API use for the integration of Nagios XI with symphony with the same alert phassion. Symphony is already given API for our end. API from the Nagios XI side to resend alert to symphony.
Step-3
Please provide contact number for the communication.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Need help for Nagios Integration with symphony

Post by cdienger »

I'm not finding any information or plugins for Symphony, but if it has an API you can use event handlers in XI to run scripts that create tickets in the system: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

Feel free to call(https://www.nagios.com/contact/)or open a ticket at https://support.nagios.com/tickets/ if you have a support license.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
vinish098

Post by vinish098 »

Thanks for reply team. I have gone through the document and i have tried at command level it is working fine, but i have couple of questions can you please respond.
1. The shell script which is going to execute after getting the alert can it be replace with my own shell script in which i would like to call API of the external system and pass the parameters.
2. Where is the path location of this script.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

1. The shell script which is going to execute after getting the alert can it be replace with my own shell script in which i would like to call API of the external system and pass the parameters.
Yes.
2. Where is the path location of this script.
Most scripts are stored in /usr/local/nagios/libexec/. The location of the example used in the document is /usr/local/nagios/libexec/event_handler_test.sh.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

I have deleted your other forum post, please do not create duplicate posts for the same issue, please continue using this forum thread for any questions related to this.

You can either use event handlers as cdienger suggested or use Admin > Manage Components > SNMP Trap Sender component to send traps but you'll likely need to write your own even handler to handle this stuff if Symphony doesn't give you anything other than an API.

Here are the current ones that I've found, you'll likley need to use one of them as a reference in developing your own component or event handler to work with Symphony:

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/A ... Ticketing/

Please read this document all the way through to get a really good idea of how you're going to need to do this:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... dlers.html

See here too:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

If you have any questions or need clarification on anything, let us know.

Thank you!
vinish098

Post by vinish098 »

Hello team,

I have configured SMTP in Nagios XI and tested by sending the test email. But when trying to send email through shell script the email is not triggering. I am attaching the script, kindly look into this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

When you run the command from the command line (while in SSH), what does it output?

Please PM me a fresh copy of your profile, you can download it from Admin > System Profile > Download Profile.

Additionally, please attach that script in code blocks or as an attachment, I'm not going to type it out by hand.

Are you setting it as an event handler on a service? If so, which host/service so that I can see how you have it setup.

Are you defining it as the notification command for a specific contact? If so, which contact?

Thank you!
vinish098

Post by vinish098 »

The output screen shot "event-handler-output" is attached. The shell script prints only echo and does not go into the if statement.
I have copied the shell script in a txt file "event-handler-test.sh.txt"
Also attaching the fresh profile.
I am setting it as an event handler on a service. The host/service information is attached as a screenshot "event-handler-host".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vinish098

Post by vinish098 »

I am attaching the profile.zip separately as it allowed attaching only 3 files.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

So the command is defined like this

Code: Select all

define command {
    command_name    event_handler_test
    command_line    $USER1$/event_handler_test.sh $HOSTNAME$ $HOSTSTATE$ $HOSTSTATETYPE$ $HOSTOUTPUT$
}
In order to get into the if statement $4 needs to be test, but in your screenshot show that $HOSTOUTPUT$ is OK
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com