error deleting service

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
michaewlewis

error deleting service

Post by michaewlewis »

I'm trying to delete a service and get the following error:
Apply Configuration
• Configuration verification failed.
• An error occurred while attempting to apply your configuration to Nagios Core. Monitoring engine configuration files have been rolled back to their last known good checkpoint.
Try Again
View Snapshot
Show Written Configs
Show Errors
Error: Service description missing from list '' (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/servicegroups.cfg', starting at line 22)
Error: Could not expand members specified in servicegroup 'Oak DDam Relay' (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/servicegroups.cfg', starting at line 22)
I've tried deleting from CCM and tried rebooting the nagios vm. How can I get rid of this service?
Service is check_snmp uptime if that makes any difference.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: error deleting service

Post by scottwilkerson »

The problem appears to be that the service was assigned to a servicegroup and now the servicegroup may be empty

In the CCM -> Service groups click on the "view config" icon next to one of the service groups and you will see the name of the servicegroup with the problem starting on line 22
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
michaewlewis

Post by michaewlewis »

Okay. That was the problem. I deleted the service group and was able to delete the service. Thanks for the tip.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

michaewlewis wrote:Okay. That was the problem. I deleted the service group and was able to delete the service. Thanks for the tip.
Glad to help!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com