Noc Monitor Login?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
DrewDennis

Noc Monitor Login?

Post by DrewDennis »

Good morning Nagiosians! Once upon a time we had a URL that would autologin to a view from nagios core (an old version) that was displayed on a large "noc" monitor. Also anyone we provided that link to was able to use it - no password required. How can I achieve this with Nagios XI? Keep in mind I am a newb with XI and not the best in the world with linux although my google-fu is strong.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Noc Monitor Login?

Post by ssax »

You can use Admin > Automatic Login but more than likely you used the Backend API URL to do this under Admin > Manage Components but now it states this:

Backend API URL
DEPRECATED! Use the objects API instead. Provides information on the URLs used to access the Nagios XI backend API.
The reason why it's deprecated is because you were allowed to pass user/pass in cleartext which is a security concern but you're more than welcome to use it if you are willing to accept the risk.

You can still do that but you need to go to Admin > System Settings >Backwards Compatibility tab, check the box next to Allow Insecure Logins, then click the Update Settings button.

Then you need to login as that use, click their username in the top right hand corner, Under the new Insecure Login Settings section:
- Check the Box for Enable Insecure Login for this user
- Generate a new insecure ticket or keep the existing
- Click the Update Settings button

Now you should be able to use it like you did the old way, see the example URL on that same page:

Example of usage: https://XXXXXX/nagiosxi/index.php?usern ... =<insecure login ticket>
DrewDennis

Post by DrewDennis »

Perfect! That's what we need. Thanks!

D
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Let us know if you have any questions or once you've validated it meets your needs that we can lock this up and mark it as resolved.

Thank you!
DrewDennis

Post by DrewDennis »

I think I'm missing something or I have the URL formatted incorrectly. I created the user, as listed above. Generated the token. This is the URL I am using:

https://hsp-nagios/nagiosxi/views/?xiwi ... DD8kc8nlTJ

which then only displays the nagios xi login page....not the desired service detail page we want to display on a large monitor.
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

Code: Select all

https://hsp-nagios/nagiosxi/views/?xiwindow=manage.php?username=rmgwallmonitor&ticket=LZmqSoHjhbqlJkN2MK06D3XlGUrDK4TrjfcbG9OdjuCj8FkUmkZYHeDD8kc8nlTJ
It looks to me like there are two ?'s in the URL, which would prevent the username and ticket from getting set properly.

Try this instead:

Code: Select all

https://hsp-nagios/nagiosxi/views/?xiwindow=manage.php&username=rmgwallmonitor&ticket=LZmqSoHjhbqlJkN2MK06D3XlGUrDK4TrjfcbG9OdjuCj8FkUmkZYHeDD8kc8nlTJ
Let us know if that works for you or if you have any other questions/concerns.
Thanks!
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
DrewDennis

Post by DrewDennis »

That works! Thank you!

-Drew
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

That works! Thank you!
Hi Drew,

Glad it's been resolved. I'll close out this thread, but if you have any other questions please feel free to open a new one.

Thank you for using the Nagios Support Forum.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!