Port Bandwidth showing 0Mb/s

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
carlosocha

Port Bandwidth showing 0Mb/s

Post by carlosocha »

Hello,

I'm having issues regarding using Network Switch /Router Wizard on all netowrk devices i tried. The Nagios version i use is 5.6.1. The SNMP Configuration seems to be OK. I Can do a SNMP Get and throws data. But when i check the service on Nagios appear the following text and all ports:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_rrdtraf -f /var/lib/mrtg/192.168.20.1_52.rrd -w 500.0,500.0 -c 800.0,800.0 -l M
OK - Current BW in: 0Mbps Out: 0Mbps|in=0Mb/s;500.0;800.0 out=0Mb/s;500.0;800.0

I tried the workaorund on the following link with no luck:

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=29

Please, Could you give me some help with this problem?
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Port Bandwidth showing 0Mb/s

Post by cdienger »

Can you provide us with a copy of /var/lib/mrtg/192.168.20.1_52.rrd ? This will help us identify if the problem is related to getting information into the database or getting it out.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
carlosocha

Post by carlosocha »

Hello,

Thank you for your respnse and sorry for the delay i was not notified about this reply.

Please find attached the rrd file.

Thanks and regards,
Carlos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The rrd file is empty except for a single entry for today - did it start working today? Do you have a mrtg cron job at /etc/cron.d/mrtg ? It should contain:

Code: Select all

*/5 * * * * root LANG=C LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg --lock-file /var/lib/mrtg/mrtg.lock --confcache-file /var/lib/mrtg/mrtg.ok --user=nagios --group=nagios
Do you see any errors in /var/log/cron regarding this job?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
carlosocha

Post by carlosocha »

HI,

The cronjob is already on the file you said. Also the log doesnt show any error.

I checked changind the SNMP version 2c and the graphs are working well. Do you know if there is an issue with the SNMP version 3?

Thanks and regards,
Carlos
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I'm not aware of any current problems but previous versions of the wizard did. I've attached a current version here that you can import under Admin > System Extensions > Manage Config Wizards the system is behind. Try removing the current bandwidth checks and the config for this device under /etc/mrtg/conf.d and running the wizard again with SNMP v3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carlosocha

Post by carlosocha »

Hello,

I had installed the 2.4.3 version. Now I install the 2.5.0 and the snmp v3 isn't working.

Thanks and regards,
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@carlosocha, Please open the /etc/cron.d/mrtg cron file and delete --user=nagios --group=nagios at the end, so the cron will look like this:

Code: Select all

*/5 * * * * root LANG=C LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg --lock-file /var/lib/mrtg/mrtg.lock --confcache-file /var/lib/mrtg/mrtg.ok --user=nagios --group=nagios
Then run:
service crond restart
Wait 15 minutes and let me know if the service check starts working.