Upgrade from 5.4.10 to 5.6.2 failure

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
thommyronnholm

Upgrade from 5.4.10 to 5.6.2 failure

Post by thommyronnholm »

Hi

I am trying to upgrade NagiosXI and getting this failure both in web interface and from command line upgrade.
Anyone know how to fix this issue?

INSTALL: Dashlets installed/updated OK.
psql:nagiosxi/nagiosxi-db/mods/pgsql/schema_05.sql:6: ERROR: type "e_mib_type" already exists
psql:nagiosxi/nagiosxi-db/mods/pgsql/schema_05.sql:12: ERROR: relation "xi_mibs_mib_id_seq" already exists
psql:nagiosxi/nagiosxi-db/mods/pgsql/schema_05.sql:23: ERROR: relation "xi_mibs" already exists
psql:nagiosxi/nagiosxi-db/mods/pgsql/schema_05.sql:25: ERROR: column "trapdata_parent_mib_name" of relation "xi_cmp_trapdata" already exists
No entry for terminal type "unknown";
using dumb terminal settings.
<p><pre>SQL Error [nagiosxi] : ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "xi_mibs_mib_name_key"</pre></p>
chown: invalid user: `snmptt:nagios'
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Upgrade from 5.4.10 to 5.6.2 failure

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @thommyronnholm. Please run the following commands from the command line:

Code: Select all

cd /tmp/nagiosxi/
touch mysql.5600.updated
And then rerun the upgrade script:

./upgrade
Let me know if the upgrade goes through this time.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
wbright

Post by wbright »

I am upgrading from 5.4.8 to 5.6.2 and getting the same error.
I have done the fix that was listed but it is still stopping at the same point.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@wbright, Please post the exact error you've got during the installation.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
wbright

Post by wbright »

Below is the error that I am getting when upgrading from 5.4.8 to 5.6.2
Note: Mod_Gearman has upgraded to Version 3, and CORE upgraded to 4.4.3 without issue.

DASHLET NAME: rss_dashlet
CMD=grep register_dashlet /usr/local/nagiosxi/tmp/XHPFA/rss_dashlet/rss_dashlet. inc.php | wc -l
OUT=1
Dashlet looks ok...
CMD: cp -rf /usr/local/nagiosxi/tmp/XHPFA/rss_dashlet /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/i ncludes/dashlets/
CMD: rm -rf /usr/local/nagiosxi/tmp/XHPFA
CMD: . /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/xi-sys.cfg && chown -R $nagiosuser /usr/local/nag iosxi/html/includes/dashlets/rss_dashlet

Done!
INSTALL: Dashlets installed/updated OK.
<p><pre>SQL Error [nagiosxi] : ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique c onstraint "xi_mibs_mib_name_key"</pre></p>
chown: invalid user: `snmptt:nagios'
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@wbright, Please run the following command:

useradd snmptt
Rerun the upgrade script and then upload the /tmp/nagiosxi/upgrade.log in the ticket.