Failed to install NCPA

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
tanod

Re: Failed to install NCPA

Post by tanod »

OK, so unlike 2.1.7, there is no "IP" argument, but a "host" argument.
Do I have to set "0.0.0.0" like 2.1.7 or "192.168.238.138" which is my Nagios XI IP ?

Do I have to do something special with Nagios XI ? The NCPA config wizard can work with 1.8.1 and 2.1.7 ?

I tried to monitor an old (2013) NRPE on Linux: it does not works, it seems to be uncompatible. It's okay, I'll install a recent one.

I tried to monitor an old (2013) NSCP on WS2003: it does not works, it seems to be uncompatible. I would replace it by NCPA because it is the official Nagios agent.

I presume it could be the same thing with an old NCPA ? How can I use old versions ?

We are currently running with an old Nagios Core 3.4 and we are upgrading to Nagios XI and taking the opportunity to clean up.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Failed to install NCPA

Post by lmiltchev »

OK, so unlike 2.1.7, there is no "IP" argument, but a "host" argument.
Do I have to set "0.0.0.0" like 2.1.7 or "192.168.238.138" which is my Nagios XI IP ?
No, you can just run:

Code: Select all

ncpa-1.8.1.exe /S /TOKEN='token'
The "IP" option was not configurable (available) at the time. The "silent" command should work without specifying the IP option.

Note: The "host" argument is different. It sets the name of the host that you would see in the passive check result. In the new versions of the agent, this is called "NRDPHOSTNAME". It has nothing to do with the IP address argument.

The new wizards should work with the old agents. If you run into some issues, post on the forum. We will do our best to help you out.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!