Setup Postfix on my Nagios Xi for sending the alerts

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mamir

Re: Setup Postfix on my Nagios Xi for sending the alerts

Post by mamir »

Ok, when I send an email to my phone from my outlook client. I do receive the text message: myphonenumber@mymetropcs.com

But, when I tried to send a test email from Nagios to myphonenumber@mymetropcs.com I don't receive any text.

Therefore, something is not working in NagiosXi to send to myphonenumber@mymetropcs.com

Ill need to get the verification code in order to activate the phone feature for Nagios Xi, so probably that's not working, but im not receiving the

verification code that's the problem. How many digits or letters is the verification code usually?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Setup Postfix on my Nagios Xi for sending the alerts

Post by lmiltchev »

1. Go to Admin > System Config > Email Settings, and show a screenshot of the page.

2. Go to Admin > System Config > Mobile Carriers, and show a screenshot of the page.

3. Click on the username in the upper-right corner, then click on Notification Preferences, go to the Mobile Text (SMS) tab, and show a screenshot of the page.

4. Click on Notification Methods > Mobile Text (SMS), and show a screenshot of the page.

5. Click on Send Test Notifications > Send Test Notifications, and show a screenshot of the page.

6. Upload the /var/log/maillog on the forum.

Note: Mobile carriers may delay sending the message, or may even block it, depending on many different factors - who is the sender, how many messages are sent for a short period of time, what kind of spam filters are applies, how long is the message, etc. This is not documented, so it's hard to know what's causing the issue. Sometimes SMS messages show up right away, sometimes it takes hours. If "xxx@mymetropcs.com" doesn't work, you could try "xxx@metropcs.sms.us", at least that's what some users claim to work.

You can also try using Twilio, which will be more reliable than the email-to-text solutions.

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ith_XI.pdf
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!