Install Error - Non-Standard RHEL server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
johndorm

Install Error - Non-Standard RHEL server

Post by johndorm »

Howdy folks.

Let me start with the all the warnings about my manual NAGIOS XI install. Version: 5.5.9 (will be upgrading once we get our current server migrated to this new VM)

This particular VM is being located within an organization that only provides a single RHEL install option. It is not a minimal installation and does have several layers of configuration required by our security organization and the group who manages the VM. However, this is the most appropriate place to put our NAGIOS XI instance to monitor our internal product, so I am trying to install within in these constraints.

First, I had to create symbolic links to a second drive for the NAGIOS directories since the boot drive is standardized and meant only for the OS.

Second, we have a license agreement with RedHat and have legitimate installations of RHEL 7.6, but they do not get registered with RedHat. Instead, we have corporate mirrors of the repos. Most importantly, the 'optional-rpms repo' is mirrored to 'redhat_optional'. This works fine as long as I update the line in the 0-repos script to look for 'redhat_optional' instead of 'optional_rpms'.

I'm sure there are other aspects of the config that I am going to have to iron out as well, but those are the main things I have found so far.

OK, on to the error.....

I have attached the install.log....but it looks to me that the installer is having an issue finding a PERL module.

There are several instances of the following error in the fullinstall output related to Nagios::Monitoring::Plugin.

Code: Select all

#     Error:  Can't locate Math/Calc/Units.pm in @INC...
I have tried installing the module (sudo yum install -y perl-Math-Calc-Units & sudo cpan -i Math::Calc::Units) manually prior to fullinstall and also manually adding the module (Units.pm) to a directory in @INC. Neither of these approaches have worked.

I am told there are successful implementations of NAGIOS XI in this same environment and I am attempting to contact the teams with these instances for insight, but so far I have not registered as a priority for them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
John Dorman
DateNet IT @ Cisco, RTP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Install Error - Non-Standard RHEL server

Post by lmiltchev »

Try commenting out this line:

make test
in the /tmp/nagiosxi/subcomponents/extraplugins/install script, so that it would look like this:

# make test
Save, exit and rerun the install script. Did it complete successfully now?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
johndorm

Post by johndorm »

lmiltchev wrote:Try commenting out this line:

make test
in the /tmp/nagiosxi/subcomponents/extraplugins/install script, so that it would look like this:

# make test
Save, exit and rerun the install script. Did it complete successfully now?
No! But it is a new error...;)

Looks like the PERL directory where it is attempting to install NAGIOS::Monitoring::Plugin is read-only...that's definitely a problem on my end with the image I am working with.

Thanks for the help! You can lock this topic, I'll try to work around this on my end now.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Sounds good! I am glad we identified what was causing the issue. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!