Text message verifications never recieved

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
gixxx11

Text message verifications never recieved

Post by gixxx11 »

No matter the provider, no one ever receives the verification key. Our Nagios installation has no issues sending regular emails, and I can manually send an email to (for example) %number%@txt.att.net and it's received just fine.
benjaminsmith

Re: Text message verifications never recieved

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @gixxx11,

How do you have your Outbound Mail Settings Configured - SMPT or Sendmail? If you're using SMTP, please enable logging (see image) and try to re-send the verification, and then send us your system profile.
phpmailer-logging.png
To send us your system profile.
Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button
Save the profile.zip file and share in a private message or upload it to the post/ticket, and then reply to this post to bring it up in the queue.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
gixxx11

Post by gixxx11 »

We are using Sendmail, which works for non-phone email addresses.

I tried configuring SMTP using google's smtp relay (smtp-relay.gmail.com) but can not get that to work at all.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi ,

Are you routing through anything on the way to AT & T that maybe blocked? Check the mail log on your server to verify that Nagios sent the verification key.

You should see an entry for Referer: send_user_phone_vkey(), then it's likely the message is being blocked by AT&T.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

gixxx11

Post by gixxx11 »

I ended up configuring SMTP with google's unique app password and got what I needed to work working.

Thanks for your assistance.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @gixxx11,
I ended up configuring SMTP with google's unique app password and got what I needed to work working.
Thanks for your assistance.
Great. I'll go ahead and close this post, but feel free to open another if you have any new questions.

Thank you for using Nagios.