Service in not visible in CCM

This board serves as an open discussion and support collaboration point for Nagios XI. NOTE: Nagios XI customers should use the Customer Support forum to obtain expedited support.

Re: Service in not visible in CCM

Postby ISSB_MAOST » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 pm

I made changes as you suggested Please see PM, i sent all configurations i made.

Thanks,
ISSB_MAOST

Re: Service in not visible in CCM

Postby scottwilkerson » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm

ISSB_MAOST wrote:I made changes as you suggested Please see PM, i sent all configurations i made.

Thanks,

Did you mean this for a different post?

My previous response
scottwilkerson wrote:I want to start by saying I'm sorry the initial test of your findings was done incorrectly, and the tester thought you has a host also assigned to the service (not just a hostgroup).

After re-confirming what you found with the lead architect, it is expected behavior, and there is not a way to work around it without adding the contact to a host and adding that host directly to the configuration created.

With the "limited" view that was added to the CCM, we have to make some sacrifices because there is no way to add permissions for a contact to a hostgroup or service group, only to the hosts or services.

The only way to allow someone to see these configs after being applied without making them an admin would be to grant the user "Can see all hosts and services" permissions.

As such, it isn't a problem with your configs, it is not possible for someone to see these configs after being applied without making them an admin unless you grant the user "Can see all hosts and services" permissions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Previous

Return to Nagios XI