Service in not visible in CCM

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ITOMB_IMT

Re: Service in not visible in CCM

Post by ITOMB_IMT »

I made changes as you suggested Please see PM, i sent all configurations i made.

Thanks,
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Service in not visible in CCM

Post by scottwilkerson »

ISSB_MAOST wrote:I made changes as you suggested Please see PM, i sent all configurations i made.

Thanks,
Did you mean this for a different post?

My previous response
scottwilkerson wrote:I want to start by saying I'm sorry the initial test of your findings was done incorrectly, and the tester thought you has a host also assigned to the service (not just a hostgroup).

After re-confirming what you found with the lead architect, it is expected behavior, and there is not a way to work around it without adding the contact to a host and adding that host directly to the configuration created.

With the "limited" view that was added to the CCM, we have to make some sacrifices because there is no way to add permissions for a contact to a hostgroup or service group, only to the hosts or services.

The only way to allow someone to see these configs after being applied without making them an admin would be to grant the user "Can see all hosts and services" permissions.
As such, it isn't a problem with your configs, it is not possible for someone to see these configs after being applied without making them an admin unless you grant the user "Can see all hosts and services" permissions.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com