Nagios Core Config Manager Problem

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kinson

Re: Nagios Core Config Manager Problem

Post by kinson »

I upgraded to version 2009R1.1D and am still having the same issues as before. The only way I can get the hosts to delete after adding it using the Config wizard is to run the command rm -rf /usr/local/nagios/etc/import/*.cfg before I apply the configuration each time. Otherwise it still shows up each time.
stareagle

Post by stareagle »

Yes I am still having this problem also and have to delete the config files before I click apply. Still seems the system is not deleting them at the right point.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, here is an obvious solution we should have noticed right away...

The problem is due to the nagios user not being a member of the nagios group. This was causing the cron job (which runs as the nagios user) to not have permissions to delete the files. The setuid root trick we posted the other days fails on some system - probably due to some PHP security settings.

Here's how to (hopefully) solve this problem for good..

1. Login to the machine as the root user

2. Issue the following commands at the prompt:

Code: Select all

rm -f /usr/local/nagios/etc/import/*.cfg

usermod -a -G nagios nagios

/etc/init.d/httpd restart
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
kinson

Post by kinson »

I performed the recommended steps, and was able to add and remove several hosts correctly this time. I would really like to thank you for working on getting this resolved. I am sure it is appreciated by everyone here. Thanks again!
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

This is fixed in latter releases, we will release minor version updates if/when issues like this arise.