snmpwalk issue

This board serves as an open discussion and support collaboration point for Nagios XI. NOTE: Nagios XI customers should use the Customer Support forum to obtain expedited support.

Re: snmpwalk issue

Postby manimurugesan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:25 am

For the below command i didn't receive any output it's showing "blank"

snmpwalk -v2c -c <SNMPstring> <ip address>|grep ifName
manimurugesan

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 am

manimurugesan wrote:For the below command i didn't receive any output it's showing "blank"

snmpwalk -v2c -c <SNMPstring> <ip address>|grep ifName

That would lead me to believe that the switch either doesn't report IF-MIB::ifName at all, OR they are blocked in the SNMP configuration for your community string.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby manimurugesan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 am

SNMP configuration for community string is fine .but could you please tell me how to check the IF-MIB::ifName from switch end ?
manimurugesan

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:46 am

manimurugesan wrote:SNMP configuration for community string is fine .but could you please tell me how to check the IF-MIB::ifName from switch end ?

This is going to be switch dependent, you would need to reach out to the hardware vendor.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Previous

Return to Nagios XI