NagiosXI core and database in separate servers

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
grayloglearn

NagiosXI core and database in separate servers

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,

I got frequent question like how we can make separate the nagios in different servers such as core in one server and database in one servers.Can someone help how to separate the both.

And how we can make load balancing between both nagiosxi servers for more checks. If you have any document could you please share this too.
benjaminsmith

Re: NagiosXI core and database in separate servers

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @grayloglearn,
I got frequent question like how we can make separate the nagios in different servers such as core in one server and database in one servers.Can someone help how to separate the both.
If you'd like to offload your database, please see the step-by-step guide below.

Nagios XI Offloading MySQL to Remote Server
And how we can make load balancing between both nagiosxi servers for more checks. If you have any document could you please share this too.
As far as load balancing for more checks, you can either setup passive checks ( requires less resources than active checks) or offload processing to Mod-Gearman workers ( the downside being added complexity ).

Configuring Passive Services with Nagios XI

Integrating Mod-Gearman with Nagios XI

Take a look at the documentation and let us know if you have any specific questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,

Thanks for the reply, As we know that we are installing the database in separate server , I just want to know how about core how we can skip the mariadb installation while we installing the nagiosxi in centos7. Then only we can install the core in separate server right?

Can you tell us how to go install core in separate server.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

grayloglearn wrote:As we know that we are installing the database in separate server , I just want to know how about core how we can skip the mariadb installation while we installing the nagiosxi in centos7. Then only we can install the core in separate server right?
You need to let it install the database when you first install Nagios XI because you are going to need it to follow the instructions here
Nagios XI Offloading MySQL to Remote Server

Once you have the DB successfully offloaded you can stop the DB service on the Nagios XI server.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

This document was awesome. In a single steps without problem i have enabled it. I am getting the same error as ping: local error: Message too long, mtu=1500

How to resolve this, I have not done any nic bonding. Could you please suggest.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

grayloglearn wrote:This document was awesome. In a single steps without problem i have enabled it. I am getting the same error as ping: local error: Message too long, mtu=1500

How to resolve this, I have not done any nic bonding. Could you please suggest.
What command is being run for that output?

It seems like this is unrelated to the database servers and should probably be in a different thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com