How to bring the utilization report with rrdtool

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
grayloglearn

How to bring the utilization report with rrdtool

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team

I heard that we can use the rrdtool graph to bring the utilization report. I need help from you how to use this rrdtool to bring the cpu/memory utilization report in single excel file.

I know that nagiosxi is having the utilization rrdfolder in
/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/localhost/Current_Load.rrd from hear how to capture the utilization report can some one help with command if possible for X host how we can bring the utilization report.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: How to bring the utilization report with rrdtool

Post by cdienger »

You don't need to use the command line to export the rrd data to CSV, you can use the web interface to get this information. See the attached screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,
Thanks for the reply, i understand from userinterface, If i want bulk of server its good idea to bring from the script. Could you please suggest from rrdtool command how we can capture the details. I just need one example to bring the utilization of cpu/memory for x host using rrdcommand. Please provide the command to capture from start time and end time. Appreciate if you can give reply for this.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

I would highly recommend not going down the route of parsing the rrdtool output, what it outputs is not directly useable really in any form, and doesn't correspond to the graphs you see in the UI.

We have already done the work to make this accessible is a much friendlier format in the JSON API
Go to
Help -> Objects Reference -> objects/rrdexport

Here you can export the rrd data in a format that can be ingested into most programming languages.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

Could you please help with rrdtool command which help easy to get utilization report. I know jsonAPI, But current i need command for rrdtool.
If possible please help with that command.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

I don't have "a" command, rrdtool doesn't directly ;spit out a report. I can however show you where the rrdtool documentation is

https://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/index.en.html
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com