After reboot AIX server file system showing error

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
manimurugesan

After reboot AIX server file system showing error

Post by manimurugesan »

Hello Team,

Today one of the AIX server got rebooted but After reboot the file system showing below error in nagios console but server end users can access the file system i have attached the same .
Files system information :

its a CIFS that is mounted on the Unix server
it means its the folder of Windows system mounted on AIx file system
as this is CIFS ( NFS )

Please suggest for the same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbellerue

Re: After reboot AIX server file system showing error

Post by mbellerue »

This looks like a permissions issue.

In Nagios XI, go to Configure -> Core Configuration Manager -> Services. In the upper right, use the Search box to search for the service that is returning critical. Can you provide me with the Command from the Command View box, as well as any ARG variables? That will help us find out what we need to do to test permissions on the AIX machine.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
manimurugesan

Post by manimurugesan »

Hello Team,

Please find the attached "command view" (which one is hided using red color that is file system name).

Please let me know what permission need to give ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

On the AIX machine, the user account that is running the NRPE agent will need access to the CIFS share. The best way to test if the permissions are correct is to login to the AIX machine, switch to the NRPE user account (on most machines this is just nagios, but on AIX it may be different), and run an ls -l command against the CIFS mount point. If you can see the files and file sizes, the check command should work.

Was this working previously, and just stopped working recently?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

manimurugesan

Post by manimurugesan »

On the AIX machine, the user account that is running the NRPE agent will need access to the CIFS share. The best way to test if the permissions are correct is to login to the AIX machine, switch to the NRPE user account (on most machines this is just nagios, but on AIX it may be different), and run an ls -l command against the CIFS mount point. If you can see the files and file sizes, the check command should work.

above one we have checked we can see the files and file size

it' just stopped working recently .

every monday we have scheduled reboot so after reboot we got this error

but still issue is there ,please suggest
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Are there other CIFS shares that are affected in the same way? Different servers, different shares?

Can you give me the name of a server and a path that is returning critical? I'm looking through a system profile you had sent in previously, and I'm seeing a lot of check_nrpe check_disk commands, but they all look properly formatted.