Windows updates check wrong number of updates displayed

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
roykeijsers

Windows updates check wrong number of updates displayed

Post by roykeijsers »

Good Day,

I am working on the windows updates check to see in nagios if there are updates on the windows servers needed.

The results i get in nagios are different then when i run the check on the windows server.

For example: I run the powershell command on the windows server:
./check_nrpe -H <ip adress of the server> -t 120 -p 5666 -c check_updates

The result i get:
OK - no pending updates.|critical=0;optional=0;hidden=0

Above is correct, there are no updates needed.

But NagiosXI displays:
Updates: 1 critical, 0 optional
2019-07 Servicing Stack Update for Windows Server 2012 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB4504418)

When i run the command on the nagiosxi server itself i get the same wrong result.
./check_nrpe -H <ip adress of the server> -t 120 -p 5666 -c check_updates

I am missing something but i don't know what.
Any help is appreciated.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Windows updates check wrong number of updates displayed

Post by ssax »

Please send us your nsclient.ini from a server that you're sure it's occurring on so that we can look at the info.

What version of NSClient++ are you running?

If you need further help, please send me a copy of your profile, you can download it from Admin > System Profile > Download Profile and upload it to the ticket by clicking the "choose item" link at the bottom of the menu.​ Make sure to wait until the file is finished uploading before clicking the Post Reply button.

Please include the server's name and the service name in question as well so that I can zone in on the configs.

If you're unable to generate the the profile through the web interface, please try generating it from the command line by running these commands as root:

Code: Select all

rm -rf /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/components/profile*​​
/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/profile/getprofile.sh SUPPORT
Then send me the resulting /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/components/profile.zip​ file.​

If the profile script fails, please include the ENTIRE output.