Inbound emails - ignore autoresponders?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jacek

Inbound emails - ignore autoresponders?

Post by jacek »

Hi,

I was just about to deploy the Inbound emails processing on our Nagios XI, but then I realized that during my tests Nagios also responded to autoresponders (saying that he can't find the hash or command)

Is there any way of filtering this out? Or maybe there is something already implemented but didn't kick in for some reason?
We are running MS Exchange (O365 to be exact).

Thanks!
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Inbound emails - ignore autoresponders?

Post by cdienger »

XI doesn't have a filter to do this so your best bet would be a rule on the client that disables automatic replies to the reply-to-address specified in XI.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
jacek

Post by jacek »

Understood, don't you think there should be one?
In a lot of systems you simply specify a list of phrases that if are in the subject - it will get ignored.
Think this could be an good improvement.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I agree and will file a feature request for this.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
jacek

Post by jacek »

Is this something I could track somehow?
I need to skip implementation of this feature until that is done, so I would like to know about the progress :)
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »