Alert no more than one time

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ronaldocr

Alert no more than one time

Post by ronaldocr »

Hi - Is there way I can limit only one notification email and no more than that??
Like we currently monitor /var/core and alert if there any core files. But after 6 PM on weekdays and on the weekends there are ton of emails as we have it checking and alerting every 15 mins. So I would like to configure in a way that I get only one alert and no more than even if they are multiple files dump/generated in the /var/core. How do I go about that??

Thanks
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Alert no more than one time

Post by scottwilkerson »

If you set the "Notification Interval" value to 0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about problems for this host/service - only one problem notification will be sent out.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
ronaldocr

Post by ronaldocr »

Thanks, it worked as expected.
So we want to be alerted every 15 minutes if a service is down during prod hours which is 06:00-18:00 and alerted only once during non prod hours from 18:00-06:00.
Do I need to create two time periods, service templates and services?? one for prod and one non prod??
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

ronaldocr wrote:Do I need to create two time periods, service templates and services?? one for prod and one non prod??
With this requirement, that may be the only option, the only other I can think of would be to create an escalation for each of the hosts/services the business hours time period and have the 60 minute notification interval on the escalation.

But I have not tested if this would have the desired affect.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
ronaldocr

Post by ronaldocr »

It worked thanks a lot
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »