missing alerts in latest alerts dashboard

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ronaldocr

missing alerts in latest alerts dashboard

Post by ronaldocr »

We got alerts this morning on couple of servers but the latest alerts under incident management is empty and does not show the alerts. Do I need to configure something or am I missing something??

Thanks
benjaminsmith

Re: missing alerts in latest alerts dashboard

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello Ronald.

It sounds like the dashlet is not populating but other functionality is working as expected. Is this a fair assessment? A few questions to help troubleshoot.

1. If you go to Admin > System Information > System Status, is everything up and running (in green)?

2. From the latest alerts page, click on the blue arrow in the upper left-hand corner of the dashlet and add this to a dashboard and then pull up the dashboard. Do you get the same behavior or does it work now?

3. On the dashlet that is not working, open up developer tools ( F12 ) and select network.What is the status of the requests ( 200 is OK)?
dashlet.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ronaldocr

Post by ronaldocr »

Thanks Benjamin.

Looks like we wont see anything in latest alert once the alert has recovered by the next service check.

The other issue we had was we never got alert for ping service being critical state. We got recovery alert that ping has recovered from critical state. The critical alert was missed. Why would that happen??
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @ronaldocr,

Thanks for the update. The issue with Nagios not sending alerts but then receiving a recovery message is a bug and has been patched. You should update to the latest version to correct.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Apologies for any confusion. Just to clarify, this has been patched in 5.6.7 which will be released in the coming days.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ronaldocr

Post by ronaldocr »

Thanks Benjamin.

I will update you guys if I come across this issue.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Ronald,

Sounds good. Just to let you know, 5.6.7 has been released and we should have another maintenance release out sometime next week.