Servicenow integration

This board serves as an open discussion and support collaboration point for Nagios XI. NOTE: Nagios XI customers should use the Customer Support forum to obtain expedited support.

Servicenow integration

Postby SiniSreen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:12 am

Nagios xi is integrated with Servicenow in my environment. Currently the events are forwarded to Servicenow. But,if the ticket is closed without resolving the event and the alert is still open in nagios, ideally it should create a new event which is not happening now.

The requirement is if an alert is open in nagios and ticket is generated (open) in Servicenow, the next event which will be checked by the check_interval set should forward to Servicenow. If the ticket is closed, open a new one or if it is open, add a comment to the existing ticket.

Please let me know at the earliest.

Thanks in advance!
SiniSreen

Re: Servicenow integration

Postby benjaminsmith » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Hello @SiniSreen,

I believe you maybe able to accomplish this using client side scripting on Service Now. For example, you can create a UI policy that would prevent a user from closing the ticket if the host or service has not returned to an ok state. To get the status of a host or service, you can query Backend API in Nagios XI.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
benjaminsmith

Postby SiniSreen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:12 am

Thank you!

I will try that.
SiniSreen

Postby benjaminsmith » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 am

Hello,

Sounds good. I'll go ahead a close this post but feel free to open another if you have any new questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
benjaminsmith

Return to Nagios XI