check_docker.py

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
gad314

check_docker.py

Post by gad314 »

Hello team,

I am trying to have check_docker.py working, but it has a lot of bugs.
is there any new version or an alternative to it?
mbellerue

Re: check_docker.py

Post by mbellerue »

You can check for updates to the wizards by going to Admin -> Manage Config Wizards, and selecting the Check For Updates button. Any wizards that have updates available will have their status field highlighted.

What kind of bugs are you running into?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
gad314

Post by gad314 »

Thanks mbellerue for you reply.

here is example of docker- container memory check:
(No output on stdout) stderr: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_docker.py", line 888, in <module>
_ = main()
File "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_docker.py", line 861, in main
(out, value) = do_check(ID_list) # Gives plugin output and a number/dict{str:int}
File "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_docker.py", line 849, in do_check
(out,value) = valid_checks[options.check_type][0](ID_list)
File "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_docker.py", line 690, in check_containers_memory
if 'usage' in json_object['memory_stats'].keys() and 'limit' in json_object['memory_stats'].keys():
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not str

also I have two containers running normally so why i am seeing this critical message:

CRITICAL: 100.000000% of containers (2/2) running

CRITICAL: 0.000000% of containers (0/2) healthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Can you PM me your system profile? You can get it from Admin -> System Profile -> Download Profile. I will take a look at the commands, and see if I can replicate the issue on this end.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Hi gad314,

I got your PM regarding not being able to send the full profile. Let's focus on check_docker.py.

Can you run your check command from the command line, after having switched to the nagios user? Specifically using su - nagios

I think this script may be creating a temp file somewhere, and it's not accessible by the nagios user right now.