Text Verification Times Out

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ecolgroveMOT

Text Verification Times Out

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

Trying to get the SMS alerts to work, but when i put my phone number in and select Verizon for the carrier, i get the message:

Enter the verification key: Verify Key expires in 1h 0m

However, i never get the code. I get email alerts no problem just cannot get this to work.

Please Help!
mbellerue

Re: Text Verification Times Out

Post by mbellerue »

Is this the document you're following for setting up SMS?
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

If you send an email text to your phone, does the text come through?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

Yes that is the document i followed, and yes i do receive email to text on my phone. I tested it by gong to my work email and entering mynumber@vtext.com
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Okay, perfect. Then let's start looking at the logs and making sure that emails are going out to vtext.com. In Admin -> Email Settings, make sure that the Logging check box is checked. Send another verification test, and then let's look at /usr/local/nagiosxi/tmp/phpmailer.log to see if an email went out.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

Here is nagios response:

[10-21-2019 15:47:02] Message sent! (method=sendmail), Referer: send_user_phone_vkey()
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Okay, so it's sending, and since you're getting email notifications, we can assume that the email is getting out to your SMTP server at the very least. Would it be possible to engage your email team to see if emails are going out to the vtext.com domain?

If they're leaving the SMTP server just fine, then the only other thing I could think of is that Verizon is blocking those emails based on some rule. What is your Send From address?

ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

Well we use Office 365 so our email team is microsoft, and i spent like hour and half with verizon and they said everything looks good that they do not block incoming emails or sms texts.
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Would the emails show up in the SMTP user's sent items in Office365?

ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

What do you mean?
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

When you setup SMTP, you have to provide a username and password to log into the SMTP server. If the emails are going through an account that is linked to Office365, I'm hoping that it might have a record of the emails that were sent using that account. The first thing I thought of was the sent items.