Not Sending Service Recovery Notifications

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Beeker

Not Sending Service Recovery Notifications

Post by Beeker »

Hi

I wonder if you can help. We have recently configured Nagios Xi (Enterprise Licence).

We noticed that when a host goes down it notifies as expected. When the host, in this case a windows 2012 r2 server, the Recovery Notification for the host comes through as apected.

The strange thing is, the services may report as being Critical, in this case it was a data service was in a stopped state. The service then started up but no Recovery notification for the service came through.

Have we misconfigured something? This has happened on a couple of occasions now, so I'm guessing we haven't set something correctly.

Many thanks
mbellerue

Re: Not Sending Service Recovery Notifications

Post by mbellerue »

There are a lot of ways to customize notifications. Here is a doc to get you started.
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

You can PM me a system profile, an example service that you think should have sent a notification, and roughly when that service should have notified. To get the profile, just go to Admin -> System Profile -> Download Profile. PM all of that information to me, and I will take a look.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!