Getting no performance data for check_cpu

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
grayloglearn

Getting no performance data for check_cpu

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,

we are getting the error as o performance data for check_cpu. We are getting only for cpu sometimes drive. And remaining services are working fine.

Please find the attachment for your reference. After sometime again its going to OK state.

[nagios@nagihp ~]$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H XXXX -t 120 -s "" -p 12489 -v CPULOAD -l 1,90,95,5,90,95,15,90,95
NSClient - ERROR: No performance data from command: check_cpu

$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 120 -s "$ARG1$" -p 12489 -v CPULOAD $ARG2$ $ARG3$

If this type of error will come what we have to check from client end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Getting no performance data for check_cpu

Post by cdienger »

The command appears to be good. What version of NSClient is installed? Is there anything logged in nsclient.log when this command runs? Can you provide a copy of the nsclient.ini or nsc.ini file from the client side(make sure to remove any sensitive info first).
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,

We have observed that the performance data for check_cpu is coming daily. The log file is having more than 3GB can you help with how to decrease the file to size without disturbing the nsclient.log

I have attached the nsclient.ini file. We are using the nsclient 5.0.62
We are not getting the any issue with someother service
Can you tell me what will happen in client end once we call check_cpu, what commands/perfcounter it will execute in client to get the cpu load.

what does it mean exactly if we get the no performance data for check_cpu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I'm not able to get that ocnfiguration working, but you may just need to add:

Code: Select all

[/settings/NSClient/server]
; PERFORMANCE DATA - Send performance data back to Nagios (set this to 0 to remove all performance data).
performance data = 1
I've also attached a working file here in case you'd like to try that. Make sure to edit the password and allowed hosts lines(12 and 15).

You should be fine just deleting the current nsclient.log file. It will recreate automatically.

NSClient++ is not our project so you you may want to direct any inquiries about it's inner workings here: https://forums.nsclient.org/
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

Hi Team,

We don't have luck even we changed with below settings. Still we are getting performance issue.
[/settings/NSClient/server]
; PERFORMANCE DATA - Send performance data back to Nagios (set this to 0 to remove all performance data).
performance data = 1

And let us know how to resolve this. you can find the attached state history report on this. cpu usage is flapping between OK and performance data issue .
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Let's increase the timeout for the command to see if that fixed the flapping issue with the check.
Go to the Core Config Manager > Commands menu and edit the check_nt command.

Change the command line from

$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG7$ -s $ARG8$ -v $ARG1$ $ARG2$
to

$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 60 -p $ARG7$ -s $ARG8$ -v $ARG1$ $ARG2$
Save the change and Apply the Config.
Let the check run for a while and see if the flapping issue is resolved.

If not, the next step is to update NSClient++ to the latest stable 0.5.2.xx version.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

we have already command with -t 120.
$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 120 -s "$ARG1$" -p 12489 -v CPULOAD $ARG2$ $ARG3$

Let us know if any other chances to resolve the issue without agent re installation. Because team is asking why only for cpu, pagefile usage we are getting such errors. I am not getting any idea on this.
What we need to check from client end.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

If the Windows server is too busy to respond in time, the check will intermittently fail.
Try disabling the settings in the nsclient.ini file for options that are not being used to speed up the agent.

You can also add the timeout option to the Default and the NRPE section of the config to increase NSClient++'s timeout.

timeout = 120
grayloglearn

Post by grayloglearn »

I have updated as below but still getting i am same issue.

; NRPE Server Settings
[/settings/NRPE/server]
; Disable Insecure Protocols
ssl options = no-sslv2,no-sslv3, no-tlsv1
performance data = 1
timeout = 120

But still i have no luck.
Let me know if you need any more details.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Disable the features in NSClient++ that you are not using to see if it will speed up or upgrade the NSCLient++ agent.