Windows WMI Configuration Wizard & Disk Usage Values

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
PeeJay83

Windows WMI Configuration Wizard & Disk Usage Values

Post by PeeJay83 »

Good Morning,

I am currently going through the process of adding a number of hosts to Nagios XI using the Windows WMI Configuration Wizard. We have previously opted to monitor disk space by value (i.e. -w _FreeGB=10: -c _FreeGB=5:) instead of percentage, however the plugin only accepts a percentage value. This means that once the host has been added, we need to go back to the disk usage services to swap the values over from percentage.

Is there any way to make use of the FreeGB settings when using the wizard? Or is there an alternative method to achieve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Windows WMI Configuration Wizard & Disk Usage Values

Post by lmiltchev »

I see this is your first post and I'd to thank you for choosing Nagios! We're happy have you in the community. Besides the support forum, please check out our knowledgebase for useful tech tips and HowTos. And to extend product functionality, you'll find thousands of plugins and addons on the Nagios Exchange. Welcome aboard!

Here's a "workaround" that you could use in the WMI wizard itself. Enter "_FreeGB=10:" in the warning field, and "_FreeGB=5:" - in the critical field (without the quotes). Don't worry about the "%" sign. Run the wizard. The checks should be created properly with "-w _FreeGB=10: -c _FreeGB=5:".
example01.PNG
Let us know if this helped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
PeeJay83

Post by PeeJay83 »

That worked perfectly, thank you. :)
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

PeeJay83 wrote:That worked perfectly, thank you. :)
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com