"No performance graphs were found for this host."

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jladd

Re: Switch Bandwidth monitor graph.

Post by jladd »

Hmm when i went through the wizard i didn't see anything to select the units but i did see the option to change the upper and lower thresholds? The only other thing i saw was in the core config where it would list for example 80,80M for the upper limits I tried changing the M to K and nothing changed? The only thing that made a impact was when i changed 80,80M to 800,800M or 8,8M But it didn't resolve the graphing issues i was having. I'm going to probably try the xi virtual machine and see if i have any luck with that but i think for our network we really want a dedicated machine for the network monitor and for it to not be virtual. Is there a good way to setup XI from the virtual image directly to a standalone machine?
mmestnik

Re: Graphs using "Network Switch" wizard

Post by mmestnik »

Ahh, firstly Integers only. That is .xxxx is 0, but it looks like xxxx is being read dropping the '.'.

Try Kb/s, change $ARG3$ I believe to 'K'.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

I did some looking into this the check command uses bc, an arbitrary precision calculator language. The output of this application generates these funny looking fractions. As this program is older then time none of us have the right to question it's quirks as correcting them now would break all the programs(like ours will become) that expect this behavior.

Therefore applications should properly interpret .xxxx as the fraction 0.xxxx.

However rrd-tool, the foundation of pnp and all modern open source graphing applications, will only work with integers. We just need to round these numbers using some simple 2 char matching code:
".0" = 0
".1" = 0
".5" = 0
".6" = 1
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

We are talking about this same issue in the Customer Forum.
http://support.nagios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=255

There has been advancements, if you have access.
1. The Wizard has two screens with threshold settings, the second one has a pull down to specify the units. This "might" get an overhaul in future releases.
2. The unit can be changed in $ARG3$ I believe, G M K and B are all valid AFAIK. B is known not to produce graphs though. :/
sal@coned

Post by sal@coned »

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Is this a change I should be looking to make on my system or do you think it will be included in the next revision release?
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

At this point I can't say. I wouldn't even know how much work this would be.

It would be best to just log in Kb/s and be done with it.
jladd

Post by jladd »

I don't have access to the customer forum yet and i'm not seeing this second page with the options for units. *edit* I now see these options but am having another issue with nagios where all of my hosts and services have disappeared and there listed in the core configuration? monitoring and graphing is still running though. But there is now nothing. I just tried to update it to the new version and still this really odd issue. I think im going to start over on this box tomorrow or Saturday.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

I wish you better luck.
dxf1

Import from other NagiosXI Instance

Post by dxf1 »

HI,
I have imported the hosts, services, hostgroups etc into what will be our replacement liave server but there is an issue it complained that a group one server is in did not exist but it did.

To try and resolve this issue I have deleted the host and the host group but the config check still says that this is the case showing the referance to the host cfg file , the cfg file is no longer in the hosts directory and the hostgroup no longer exists xi however insists that these to objects are still there.

How can I resolve this config issue

Regards

Dave
mmestnik

Re: Import from other NagiosXI Instance

Post by mmestnik »

dxf1 wrote:the cfg file is no longer in the hosts directory.
This is expected behavior, not an indicator. You can download a snapshot of the config that is failing and check the data in this file. Ensure the Core Config Manager(NagiosQL) is correctly configured. Change the permissions manually. http://bit.ly/clMf8T