"No performance graphs were found for this host."

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mmestnik

Re: "No performance graphs were found for this host."

Post by mmestnik »

I'll work on condensing this 14page topic on Monday with the highlights. Well I made a big dent.
bacilko1

Re: No performance graph

Post by bacilko1 »

Solved. I have to just reset security credentials for nagiosadmin user.

Btw: this should be solved in default configuration - i spent a lot of time until i similar topic on this forum.
bacilko1

Re: No performance graph

Post by bacilko1 »

One more update:

if I reset credential to "normal password", i can see graphs only to the first logout. After login again i do not see graphs, and in logs i can see password mismatch.

Now i reset backend credentials to the password which is equal to nagiosadmin password, and seems that it is working also after logout/login.
jeff_gunn

Performance graphs showing as a red X

Post by jeff_gunn »

Hey all,

I'm setting up an evaluation of Nagios XI and so far I'm liking it, I've got the VM up and running, the web interface configured, and I'm starting to poll some devices via SNMP using some OIDs I dug up.

I've had a problem since the first time I fired up the web interface, though. Performance graphs don't display; they all show the default red X indicating a broken link to an image file. I googled around, and found an old mailing list message indicating that it might be a problem with the path to RRDtool in the /usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/config.php file. That's correct, so I dug around and found that data is actually populating into /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here, either if this is a common issue or if there's a way for me to troubleshoot where the problem is pulling the graphs? Graphs of historical performance data on my firewalls is really the whole point of this evaluation...

Thanks in advance!
-Jeff
cczcp1

Post by cczcp1 »

Can we get an update on this because I'm struggling to sell this to my team without it :(
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

cczcp1,
An update? Did you apply the simple fix, what was the result? We need more information on what the problem is and what the results of our advice was.
jeff_gunn

Post by jeff_gunn »

For me, I was able to temporarily resolve the issue by resetting the security credentials (just using the default generated passwords) but the issue came back the next time I logged in. Changing the Nagios Core back-end password to match the password for nagiosadmin has fixed it permanently (so far) for me.

-Jeff
niebais

Post by niebais »

Ok, this is to hopefully help everybody out, but we've noticed that when you change the name of the service, this can lead to a broken graph. The RRD file must be removed manually out of the /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata directory in order to get things working.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

Renaming a service is the same as deleting the service and chreating a new service, that is a service is identified by it's name and the host for this "instance" of the service.

Some underlying tools(like the graphing application) may not handle this as intended... Though I'm not sure how they could the new service would not be eaisly connected/tied to the old, it should be impossible for the grapher(PnP) to follow this transition.

One item that stands out is case changes, there used to be a bug were some applications were case independent. Nagios should be designed so the "a" and "A" are as diffrent as "a" and "b", however this may not be the case will every add-on utility.

Please help us identify and track down these issues. What's easily reproducable for you may be impossible for our developers or I to reporoduce with out a lot of help from you.
niebais

Post by niebais »

Definitely. I'll submit a post on how to duplicate this right away.