"No performance graphs were found for this host."

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jladd

Re: Switch Bandwidth monitor graph.

Post by jladd »

I have contacted the mail list on this and there response

"Am 02.04.10 18:15, schrieb James M. Ladd:
> Yes I have reported this to Nagiosxi support and they directed me to this list. http://support.nagios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176 That is my support post maybe it will shed more light into what im trying to say.

I will not do support for Nagios Enterpises.

I dont know anything about the integration of PNP into Nagios XI

Joerg"

Is there anyway you guys can help me with this?
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

That's an awful response. I'm so sorry you were treated like that.

Still this has nothing to do with NagiosXI, we just pass the URL for the graphs to the browser... I can't believe that effects the text in the images in any way.

I'll ask Ethan about it.
jladd

Post by jladd »

mmestnik wrote:That's an awful response. I'm so sorry you were treated like that.

Still this has nothing to do with NagiosXI, we just pass the URL for the graphs to the browser... I can't believe that effects the text in the images in any way.

I'll ask Ethan about it.
I don't know if I explained myself I might have confused them thinking that it was a nagios issue not a PNP issue. But idk they didn't even try to help me? Anyways thanks for the help.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

Ethan, the other techs, and are working on an escalation procedures. One thing I was looking at when I did a test is htat you can select the units when you run threw the Wizard.

Afterwords it's a command line switch in the Core Config Manager.
mmestnik

Re: Ghost Host!!

Post by mmestnik »

30 days ago I wonder why I didn't reply to you.

I know this is a lame answer, but does this still exist in 1.1H?

I'd like to know what steps to reproduce this, but seams like this is a one-time fluke... Is that correct?

Is there any more information you can give?
sal@coned

Graphs using "Network Switch" wizard

Post by sal@coned »

Using the "Network Switch" wizard I configured a couple of switch ports to monitor bandwidth.
Switch Mfg: Cisco
Model: SW-3750E

The performance graphs are showing strange results (see the screenshot below).
The top graph is showing a max rate of 9GB+, both ports are 1GB ports (the performance data being returned looks correct ).
Screenshot.png

Also the rate labels dont seem to be consistent some show b/s when it should be mb/s( see the bottom graph ), can the labels be configured manually, as this seems to be an issue with other graphs as well such as NRPE counter checks.

Thanks
Sal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Graphs using "Network Switch" wizard

Post by admin »

Can you send a screenshot of the "Advanced" tab when you're looking at the service detail for one of these (or both) services? That way we can see the performance data output that's coming from the plugin.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

We are looking into this issue. We use pnp to generate the graphs. We are working on a system to better escalate issues with pnp, but don't have much in place ATM.

We will look into this further.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

Sal,
As admin suggested can you get us this information?
sal@coned

Post by sal@coned »

These 2 screeshots correspond to the original graphs

lipanmktny
lipanmktny.png
sw-hq-2-2
sw-hq-2-2.png

I have also gone back and look at the rrd files created in /var/lib/mrtg directory
and I see that the step value is set to 300, however the service checks run every 1 minute.

Dont know if this helps.

Sal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.