check_snmp_storage_wizard.pl script Error Integer Length

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
aiqbal0612

check_snmp_storage_wizard.pl script Error Integer Length

Post by aiqbal0612 »

All, Thank in advance for reading my post.
I am using SNMP V3 With this standard Plugin check_snmp_storage_wizard.pl but i am running into an error only for few servers of in my environment.

error is Description Table/Type Table: the Integer Length is too long (5 Bytes)

I am using following command

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_storage_wizard.pl -H xx.xx.xx.xx --login=xyzuser --passwd=xyz --protocols=md5 -q FixedDisk -m /[bcdgfhklmnpqrstvxz] -w 90 -c 95 --octetlength=65535

I would really appreciate the help
benjaminsmith

Re: check_snmp_storage_wizard.pl script Error Integer Lengt

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

Not exactly sure why this is happening on only a few servers, but the plugin is returning too much data. You can add a -v (verbose output)to the check command to get more information.

Additionally, try testing from the command line and reducing the number for mount points until it runs successfully,
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
aiqbal0612

Post by aiqbal0612 »

@benjaminsmith It works with lesser mount points but as soon as i increase number of mount points i.e. use a wild card as mentioned. it errors out on the servers.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @aiqbal0612,

The plugin is not written to parse that much data. I would recommend breaking this into multiple as a workaround.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!