ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ecolgroveMOT

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

I get this error when i go to the Web GUI; I also get this error "Error: Connection activation failed: No suitable device found for this connection" i am no sure why i am getting this when Nagios has been activated and running for some time? Please help.
benjaminsmith

Re: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Did you make any changes to the network settings recently? Based on the error message, it looks like the network device is not available. Try rebooting the server, and post the output to the following commands.

1. Network interfaces

Code: Select all

ip addr
2. Is Apache running

systemctl status httpd 
2. Are you able to ping an outside website

ping -c 4 www.nagios.com
3. Is Port 80/443 open on the server

nmap <ipaddress>
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

No changes were made. I came back from the weekend and went to do my daily check, because Nagios was quiet over the weekend. Restart completed. and i have to upload a picture to show the output cut and paste is disabled because outty and winscp are not able to connect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

The only change we made Friday before we left was the activation of Nagios would that have done it?
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

According to the ip command output, this server is using an IPv6 address, but the server address is an IPv4 address. You'll need to edit the network scripts file for the interface to set the correct IP address, the re-start the network.

Is this server using a static IP address?

See: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-set ... iguration/
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

So i looked at what connections i could but not sure where IPv6 is enabled. Included a picture. Your link talks about eth0 and it shows i have it to but than my connections show ens33 show up as my connection. Always has. Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

There's no eth0 configuration defined, so this must be set in the ifcfg-ens33 file. Can you post the output of the configuration for us to check the settings?

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ens33
Also, the following KB article on how to configure Nagios XI with a static IP address may be helpful.
Configuring Your Server With A Static IP Address

ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

Here is the output
ecolgroveMOT

Post by ecolgroveMOT »

I got it to work ty for the suggestions
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

That does look ok. Set the following: IPV6_AUTOCONF=no and there is typo:

IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL="no"
What does the ifcfg-Ethernet-connection_1 specify? Are you able to bring up the ens33 device? The issue here is you've set a static IP address but it's not coming up.

ifdown eth0
ifup ens33
If you can't get it working, following the steps in our KB article from the beginning.
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/c ... s-549.html