Unable to change the URL to desired URL

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vkodanam

Unable to change the URL to desired URL

Post by vkodanam »

Hi, We have Nagios XI trial running and we're in the process of purchasing the XI before our trial ends with Enterprise Capacity Planning. I've tried changing the url from the ip to something like nagios.ourdomain.com, and when I do so, I'm unable to access the customized URL and hence has to only use the IP to access the Nagios XI. What am I missing here? Also, I'm unable to access the Nagios XI customer forum, could you please check that too?
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Unable to change the URL to desired URL

Post by tgriep »

From what you described, it sounds like the DNS entries for the Hostname you want to use was not setup.
You will have to talk to your DNS admin to setup an record that when you use the host name, it resolves to the IP address for the Nagios server.

After you can resolve the Fully Qualified Domain Name to the IP address, login to the XI GUI and go to the Admin > System Settings menu.
Change the Program URL to the following example. Replace <FQDN> with the Fully Qualified Domain Name that is setup in DNS.

Code: Select all

http://<FQDN>/nagiosxi/
Update the Settings, logout of the GUI and log back in using the host name and see if it works.

As soon as you purchase Nagios XI, send an email to the Sales department at sales@nagios.con with the license key and the Customer number and they will setup your login to access the customer section of the Forum's.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
vkodanam

Post by vkodanam »

Thanks, that worked.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

vkodanam wrote:Thanks, that worked.
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee