how to remote change NCPA\etc\ncpa.cfg.d\nrdp.cfg content

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
JosephH

how to remote change NCPA\etc\ncpa.cfg.d\nrdp.cfg content

Post by JosephH »

Hi,
I have Nagios XI 5.6.6 and using NCPA 2.1.8 in our configuration and everything worked great.
Now I want to change or modify the nrdp.cfg file or add new cfg file for passive checking without login to the NCPA agent server, is it possible through NCPA Web UI Admin tab (passive setting), Nagios XI plugins, or some kind of web service or API call to make the changes?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Joseph
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: how to remote change NCPA\etc\ncpa.cfg.d\nrdp.cfg conten

Post by lmiltchev »

There's a lot of security considerations with editing that stuff in a GUI. Currently, this section is a "read only" mode. It may be possible in the future to add/edit/remove checks from the GUI, but I don't think it will happen before NCPA v3 if ever. You could try using something like Anisble to make your mods. It would be easier with Linux, but not so much with Windows clients. Still, you will have to do it from the CLI, not the GUI. Configuring Ansible / writing Ansible playbooks is out of scope of Nagios support. Thanks!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!