Remove Header from Network Map

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
abishop

Remove Header from Network Map

Post by abishop »

The Network Status Map is a fantastic tool I use to see the "health" of my network and the path the communication takes. I find that the header where it says "Network Status Map, Update info" Is there a way to remove it OR make the background color transparent so the map can have more real estate on the screen? Currently it cuts information off, I can zoom out but then I cant read it.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Remove Header from Network Map

Post by lmiltchev »

Make a copy of the "original" index.php file:

Code: Select all

cd /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/statusmap
cp -p index.php index.php.original
Then, overwrite the index.php file in the "/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/statusmap" directory with the one below (I added a *.txt extension just so that I could easily upload it; rename it back to "index.php"):
index.php.txt
Also, open the "/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/statusmap/infobox.php" file in a text editor, and change this:

<td class="infoBox">
to this:

<td class="infoBox hide">
Save, exit and access the Network Status map to see if it would work better for you now.

Note: Keep in mind that these changes would be wipe out when you upgrade to the next version of Nagios XI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
abishop

Post by abishop »

This is glorious. Now one more thing. The "?" is on top of the menu button. Can, they be moved, or the map menu go away? I already have my map layout saved how I want it. A previous forum post helped me with that.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

You can remove the question mark by clearing the "Enable the help system" check-box under the user's "Help System" settings, and clicking on "Update Settings".
example01.PNG
Unfortunately, the map's menu cannot be easily removed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Update: You could get rid of the menu by changing line 88 of the "/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/statusmap/map.php" file from this:

<div id="menubutton" ng-style="menuButtonStyle()"
to this:

<div id="menubutton" class="hide" ng-style="menuButtonStyle()"
however, if you did that, you wouldn't be able to edit the map. So, it is up to you what you would like to do. FYI.
abishop

Post by abishop »

Hiding the "?" options is not available for me, not even as an admin. The hiding the menu icon did though! Thank you very much for your help!
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Hiding the "?" options is not available for me, not even as an admin.
Hmm, this seems to me like a bug. The link is supposed to be there by default...

Go to Admin > System Extensions > Manage Components > Help System > Edit settings, select the "Enable the help system" check-box (if it is not selected already), and click on "Apply Settings". Next, click on the username in the upper-right corner, and see if the "Help System" link showed up under the "My Account" menu on the left.
abishop

Post by abishop »

That did it. It was enabled, I disable and re-enabled it. Thank you very much!
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

You are welcome! Is it OK now to close this topic and mark it as resolved?
abishop

Post by abishop »

Yes, and thank you again. Nagios Forums have been a great resource during our trial!