bogus service checks (Unknown)

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dxf1

bogus service checks (Unknown)

Post by dxf1 »

A service check was setup for check_cpu on a windows server, the tect was via nrpe the host group was added incorrectly at the point of creation. Xi then created checks on all of the servers in the group which is correct.

The origional test was then dropped and all of the group test disappeared but after about 15 mins the phantom tests reappeared I cannot find any references to thes checks in any of the service check setups the origional server aws dropped no change

Please explain why this is happening and how to resolve it

Best Regards

Dave Foster
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dxf1

Re: bogus service checks (Unknown)

Post by dxf1 »

I have further noticed that when the hostgroups are updated the new groups do not appear in the Hostgroup views, also you cannot delete a hostgroup.
The hostgroup update scree shows the message "Warning configuration fileis out of date" even after ih has been applied.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

I'd like to review the problem from a fresh start. What is the current status of this issue?
dxf1

Post by dxf1 »

This issue was resolved by inceasing the permissions on the cfg files they were not able to update the existing files
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »