Monitoring Weblogic

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mssanches

Monitoring Weblogic

Post by mssanches »

Hi, Guys

After review the configuration about monitoring Weblogic in Nagios (please see the link below) we dont see the link to download to apply wizard
Its possible someone share this file with me ?

(https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf)
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Monitoring Weblogic

Post by Box293 »

The Weblogic wizard comes as part of Nagios XI. Are you sure you have Nagios XI? If you are only using Nagios Core then you will not be able to use wizards as they are available only in Nagios XI.

If you don't have the wizard in Nagios XI then simply perform an upgrade to the latest version and it will be added.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
mssanches

Post by mssanches »

Hi @Box293
How are you, Thanks for your time and attention about this
But i cannot found this option in my enviroument Nagios XI, see the image attached, and i would like if someone share this file with me, it's possible ???

Again Thanks very much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tacolover101

Post by tacolover101 »

there is a typo in your search - it should be 'weblogic', or as the guide states 'WebLogic'.
mssanches

Post by mssanches »

Hi,

It's possible to validate what version of the NAGIOS this feature (weblogic) was add ? my version is 5.5.5

Thanks
mssanches

Post by mssanches »

Hi @tacolover101

the same (weblogic or Weblogic) i cannot found this feature

Thanks
tacolover101

Post by tacolover101 »

take a look at this document - is the wizard installed?

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... izards.pdf
mssanches

Post by mssanches »

Hi, @tacolover101

Thanks for your information, YES we have the feature "Wizard" installed and being used to (see the image attached),
It's possible send me the files (wizard) WebLogic ? or need upgrade the version ??

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

This wizard didn't exist in Nagios XI 5.5.5. I highly recommend that you upgrade your Nagios XI instance to the latest. The latest version of XI ships with the Weblogic wizard.

Having said that, if for some reason you are not able to upgrade your XI instance, you could try installing the wizard in XI 5.5.5. Usually wizard versions are only compatible to specific versions of Nagios XI. Installing a wrong version of the wizard can break your system or things may not work as intended! I installed the wizard in Nagios XI 5.5.5, and didn't see any errors but that doesn't mean the wizard will work fine. Anyway, if you wanted to give it a try, you could download the wizard from here:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ava-as.zip

Don't unzip the file, just install the wizard as you would install any other wizard.

Code: Select all

Admin > System Extensions > Manage Config Wizards > Browse > java-as.zip > Upload & Install
If you run into any issues while using the wizard, post again on the forum, and we will help you out. Thanks!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
mssanches

Post by mssanches »

Hi @lmiltchev

How are you ?

Very good, after download this file and install in my NagiosXI, now we can see the feature Weblogic to use
But, i agree that we need to upgrade my version to last (new) version

Thanks very much @tacolover101 @Box293 and @lmiltchev

:D