Customizable report.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
safuanmansor

Customizable report.

Post by safuanmansor »

Hi Support Team,

1. I would like to generate report for host1 with service cpu,mem,drive c only while host b with service cpu,mem,disk and uptime for example.
The requirement is to generate 1 report for each host every month with perf graph. We try to avoid hostgroup report as it will result in a long list of pages. Is there a way we can achieve this?

2. Is there a way we can include the multistacked Performance Graph into the availability report as it will help summarize the report for each of host that have same kind of check. Can this be achieve using Custom Include component.?

Thanks
Safuan
tacolover101

Re: Customizable report.

Post by tacolover101 »

in my opinion, using hostgroups or servicegroups to report is smart because it reduces the amount of pages down by not needing one for every single host, rather looking at things from a higher level view.

this document might help you create a report, and set a schedule: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Safuan,

In regards to adding the multi-stacked performance graph into the availability report, that's not currently supported in the reports. As a workaround, you can add a performance graph to a dashboard and then schedule the dashboard as a report (from the hamburger menu in the upper right).

Let us know if you have any other questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
safuanmansor

Post by safuanmansor »

Thanks tacolover101 and benjaminsmith for the respond. The bos (client) want a report that exclude the ping, and uptime service check on every report. So currently i'm creating a service group for every host in the nagios xi and schedule all the service group to be generate every month. This will leave me a count of 1500 service group in the db.
screenshot1.JPG
I'm looking something like in the attachment where i can multiselect the services needed for the graph. Can i request this features for the future update?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I can submit a feature request on your behalf if you'd like. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the discretion of our development team.
safuanmansor

Post by safuanmansor »

Thank lmiltchev if you can help do the update request. Thanks for the support.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I filed an internal feature request for adding this functionality in one of the future versions of Nagios XI. The request is in the approval queue.

I will be closing this topic now. If you have any further questions, please start a new thread. Thanks!