upgrade from 2014 to 5.6.10 issues

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
OkieUnixDeem

upgrade from 2014 to 5.6.10 issues

Post by OkieUnixDeem »

I ran into issue originally with couldn't not connect to mysql.lock connect errors when I tried upgrading from 2014 R1.0 to 5.6.10
I check all the processes were running and did netstat -pan | grep mysql and lost of connection there.
I end up rebooting and the system and got pass that issue.

Then the UI came back upgrade FAILED. Then tried it manually and failed with the following:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nagiosxi/subcomponents/extraplugins/check_mysql_health-2.1.8.2'
Enabling Nagios repo...
Installing Nagios Repo PKG: packages/nagios-repo-6-3.el6.noarch.rpm
error: open of packages/nagios-repo-6-3.el6.noarch.rpm failed: No such file or directory
tmp]#

Looking at I see the following there:
[root@scopslnag02 packages]# ls -la | grep repo
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5109 Jan 16 08:11 nagios-repo-6-latest.el6.noarch.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5624 Jan 16 08:11 nagios-repo-7-latest.el7.noarch.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9628 Jan 16 08:11 nagios-repo-8-latest.el8.noarch.rpm
[root@scopslnag02 packages]#

So your scripts have an issue finding your packages correctly. I am NOT going to troubleshoot your code.
This should have already been qa before putting it out there for production use.

Let me know when this is available.

Also Just FYI we are running on Centos 6.2, I don't see specific version requirements on Nagios site. which better help to ensure
that the software can run with all features the software has to offer and more effectively.

I would like Nagios Rep to respond to OS question. Trying to get out quote put thru management.
I wonder if I ran rpm -ivh nagios-repo-6-latest.el6.noarch.rpm manually then re-run the upgrade scripts again.. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Box293
Too Basu

Re: upgrade from 2014 to 5.6.10 issues

Post by Box293 »

The OS version should be supported.
OkieUnixDeem wrote:I wonder if I ran rpm -ivh nagios-repo-6-latest.el6.noarch.rpm manually then re-run the upgrade scripts again.. Thoughts?
Yes this should fix it, it will at least get the repo installed.

Lots of changes since release 2014 R1.0, May 2014. Five years difference there is most likely something overlooked and in these cases we deal with the issues when they arise.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.