IPAM

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
OkieUnixDeem

IPAM

Post by OkieUnixDeem »

While I can use Nagios to determine what possible IP are available, It not always accurate that because much of
the time it manually putting in this information.

I like to see a free IP section that would tell us in the subnet we are needing IP from to print out
all IP's.

Nagios already has IP ping capability and can check DNS zones for reverse IP. So why not combined this capability
into where IPAM managers can do. Incorporate DHCP as well that what I can click on a Free IP link and put in the subnet or
show the available subnets in my network and then list the IP that are available.

I see the flow looking like this:

1. check_ip
2. check_dns
3. check_dhcp
4. List_subnets
5. Is server in Nagios Already?
6. print all available IP's in that subnet.

I know I could select host and put in something 10.10.0.0 and it give me a list of IP's.
But, if you never know they existed. Then using this tool could allow us to investigate and then
allow us to all to the Nagios. It may sound like discovery piece of the nagios code already but
what if the discovery code is not right either and because some discovery can be disruptive to a network.

So I wonder if anyone has done something like this?
benjaminsmith

Re: IPAM

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @OkieUnixDeem,

Thanks for your suggestions. We recently had a meeting about improving the network discovery features in Nagios XI. I don't know exactly how this will function but I can say it's on the table for an enhancement.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!