Performance graphs dont work anymore. What should I look at?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ppresto

Performance graphs dont work anymore. What should I look at?

Post by ppresto »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to nagios xi and trying to set this up on my 32bit RedHat ES 5.5 host. I'm using nagios xi version 2009R1.2C. I'm currently monitoring a linux host with NRPE 2.12 and a windows host with NSClient++ .3.8 64bit. The first day I set things up I was able to have some basic graphs automatically working. The next day I came into work and nagios appeared to be up and running but with no graphs. I have red X's instead. I dont understand the nagios engine well enough to know where I need to start looking to resolve this problem for sure. I did look at the apache access/error log and found a few errors for localhost. THis could be causing my problem, but I dont know how to resolve it.

127.0.0.1 - nagiosadmin [26/Jul/2010:11:02:58 -0500] "GET /nagios/pnp/index.php?host=qtomavmdt121.dev.qintra.com&display=image&srv=_HOST_&source=1&view=1?cmd=getimage&host=qtomavmdt121.dev.qintra.com&display=image&srv=_HOST_&source=1&view=1&host_id=109&rand=1280160176 HTTP/1.1" 401 476 "-" "BinGet/1.00.A (http://www.bin-co.com/php/scripts/load/)"

[Mon Jul 26 10:04:51 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setVariable() on a non-object in /var/www/html/nagiosql/index.php on line 103

[Mon Jul 26 10:17:57 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] user nagiosadmin: authentication failure for "/nagios/pnp/index.php": Password Mismatch

Thank you!
mguthrie

Re: Performance graphs dont work anymore. What should I look at?

Post by mguthrie »

There are a few potential causes for this. See if any of these solutions work for you:

http://support.nagios.com/wiki/index.php/Nagios_XI:FAQs
ppresto

Post by ppresto »

I believe I have figured out the problem, but I dont know the exact fix. It appears my nagiosxi interface isn't using the right credentials to access the performance graphs. I tried manually using a browser and accessing a graph with this URL:

http://qtomavmdt124/nagios/pnp/index.ph ... 1280176756

I was prompted for credentials and after entering them the graph displayed just fine. So somehow the nagiosxi is using the wrong credentials. Where is this information stored so I can update it accordingly?

Thank you,
Patrick
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

This is answered in the FAQ, fixing this issue is step one.
netengr2009

Post by netengr2009 »

mmestnik wrote:This is answered in the FAQ, fixing this issue is step one.
This happens almost daily on one of my Nagios XI instances. Is there a permanent fix for this issue?
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

Some have said that setting the password to the same as your login one will fix it for good. I'm not sure as I've never had this problem... Though I can't say I look at Nagios Graphs all day long.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Use the "Reset Security Credentials" menu item in the Admin pages and change the Nagios Core Backend Password option. That's the password that Nagios XI uses to grab the PNP graphs from the backend.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President