NSClient invalid password

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
bbell

NSClient invalid password

Post by bbell »

I am getting "NSClient - ERROR: Invalid password" from all of my Windows hosts. Ping monitoring is successful. When I run check_nt manually from the command line I get a good response.

[root@nagiosxi ~]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H 10.1.0.36 -s "password" -p 12489 -v UPTIME
System Uptime - 174 day(s) 0 hour(s) 9 minute(s)

I have verified the the password is set to 'password' for the $ARG1$ field in xiwizard_windowsserver_nsclient_service

Here is my check_xi_service_nsclient
$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -s $ARG1$ -p 12489 -v $ARG2$ $ARG3$ $ARG4$

Please let me know what I need to change/check to get this working.
egalstad

Re: NSClient invalid password

Post by egalstad »

Try re-running the config wizard on one of your windows hosts and re-enter your password in the appropriate place. If it still fails, try clicking on the "Configure" tab when you're on the service detail page. The check command that's being used to monitor the service should be visible and you can see if you spot any problems.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
slamck

Post by slamck »

Check the /usr/loca/nagios/etc/resource.cfg file. The password for NSClient++ is stored inside.
egalstad

Post by egalstad »

The password won't be stored in the resource.cfg file if you're using the configuration wizards - they store the password in the service check command.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.